Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 4: Healing

Hoooo kay, so......we're now through four days of our Roma experience. A brief synopsis of today.....say look ma- no pants, church, under a church-church, church covered with an erotic perfume advertisement, and oh hey-there's another church, Trajan's market, and concluding the day with a beautiful hillside view of The Colosseum. 




One may wonder, "healing?" It's been a looooong four days. Filled with draining of the senses, emotions, and draining of muscles and organs. Michelle has a tweaked ankle, and all the boys are showing signs of blisters on their feet, just to name a couple ailments. However, to mothership of all traveler's illness has been affecting me. So much to the tune that it has blockaded my ability to absorb the images and allow myself to be astonished by the sights I have seen. The culprit of this has a government name of "
Tinea cruris." It's street name the kids on the corners are calling it is "chafe." Yes, this astronomically limiting factor in my experience has go so far as to make Poseidon mourn for me. Thus, the Trevi Fountain. 




This adventure Dr. Bednarz and Dr. Sebastian had for us was not my greatest hope to do tonight. Our first stop was Trajan's Market, an absolutely stunningly large Roman Era structure that again never ceases to amaze. I guess I appreciated it even more, because I would go at my own pace and even at times rest my bum on a nice warm ledge. And while resting my bum on that ledge, I gazed into the skyline of the ancient city. Seeing each cross atop each dome and seeing the clotheslines hung outside of windows, beauty and the love of, for, and within this city truly came to life. I see my trip-mates bubbled with happiness and their own individual loves and astonishments. 


With a flick of his trident, Poseidon washed away the moisture, and washed away the damned Tinea Curis. A sunset over The Colosseum could never have been more stunning, and stories of Simon falling to his death never could have been more invigorating. I truly feel that any minor ailment, from a headache, to a tad bit of Tinea, can be cured solely from love. Whether that love be from an appreciation of a sight, a sound, a culture, or even a companion as stated before, it is the great people around us and the experiences we surround ourselves with that allow us to be free. Allow us to be free to truly experience life to the absolute fullest. And freedom is the outlet to prosper. The goal of our trip, to ameliorate ourselves.........Ciao Chafe!



No comments:

Post a Comment